"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

loony, loopy lupin

Congrats Melissa! Your book is amazing!!!

Posted by loony, loopy lupin on November 12, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
twiwizardjedi

Fantastic! Congratulations, Melissa. Your book is on my Christmas wish list:)

Posted by twiwizardjedi on November 12, 2008, 09:38 PM report to moderator
nancyp

Melissa, it is such a great read! I cant stop gushing over it and have totally convinced friends to go out and buy it. Congratulations on your success.

Posted by nancyp on November 12, 2008, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Mr. Blood

Congrats Melissa – you deserve all of the accolades for sharing this work with us.

Posted by Mr. Blood on November 12, 2008, 10:04 PM report to moderator
budb

More congrats, Melissa!

Posted by budb on November 12, 2008, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Jenny

Wow! congrats! I’ve bought my copy, but havent gotten to read it yet. Can’t wait though :)

Posted by Jenny on November 12, 2008, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

No, Melissa, thank YOU! I wish I could think like a writer and come up with the words to explain just how much I loved Harry, A History, but nothing seems to truly capture the feeling. I literally laughed and cried while reading. And I was torn between feeling so happy and so grateful for having joined the fandom when I did, and feeling so sad that I hadn’t come into it earlier because I missed so many great moments (I didn’t read the books until the January after HBP was released.) Most of all, though, Harry, A History reaffirmed my love for all things HP – I’m already looking forward to rereading it, since I flew through so quickly the first time. Congratulations on the success of the book – it is very well-deserved!

Posted by Bookworm Jen on November 12, 2008, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Elizabeth

CONGRATS!!! All your hard work is paying off.

Posted by Elizabeth on November 12, 2008, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Ginger

Congrats Melissa! you deserve it.

I’ll be buying the book this weekend; can’t wait to read it!

Posted by Ginger on November 12, 2008, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Amanda

Congratulations Melissa!

Posted by Amanda on November 12, 2008, 10:38 PM report to moderator
potterhead23

Good job Melissa! I can’t wait to get it!

Posted by potterhead23 on November 12, 2008, 10:44 PM report to moderator
potterhead23

Good job Melissa! I can’t wait to get it!

Posted by potterhead23 on November 12, 2008, 10:44 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

THANK YOU, Melissa!!! The book was amazing and the Best Seller list is extremely well deserved! Congratulations!!!!!

Posted by LemonFaerie on November 12, 2008, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Joe

Melissa,I believe it’s okay to say " I told you so". I did so in Detroit to be exact. You said “from your mouth to God’s ear”. I guess He was listening. Honestly how could you have missed. You may not be the most all knowing Harry expert ( some kid in Toronto is) but you are the Queen of the fandom and you know your realm. Can’t wait to see it at number one. Thank you.

Posted by Joe on November 12, 2008, 10:51 PM report to moderator
DAP

I got the book early, and haven’t had the “courage” to read it yet, because I know that I will cry..I’ve followed your journey for nearly eight years now, and even though I don’t know you, personally, I feel that I do. I’m sure you understand. I am old enough to be your mom, (and also have have a daughter in journalism) and I am exceedingly proud of your acheivements, and thankful, for your sharing all of your experiences with us. Congratulations, and God bless, Melissa. Enjoy your your well earned sucess.! L.D

Posted by DAP on November 12, 2008, 10:51 PM report to moderator

"You know, I don't think purple's really my color," she said pensively, tugging at a lock of spiky hair. "D'you think it makes me look a bit peaky?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014