Reminder: Harry, A History Signing and Yule Ball in Boston Area Sunday!

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
December 19, 2008, 04:47 PM

Snow? What snow? There are two Harry events in the Boston area this Sunday within blocks of each other, and no such thing as a snow date! See you there! (Facebook event here.)

Sunday, 3 p.m., Harvard Coop in Cambridge:
Harry, A History Discussion and Signing
18 Palmer Street (or 1400 Mass. Ave, same store!)
Free! We are also giving away two tickets to the Yule Ball! Speaking of Yule Ball...

The Fourth Annual Harry and the Potters Yule Ball
The Middle East Downstairs, Cambridge, MA
472 Mass. Ave.
Doors open at 5 p.m.; tickets $15

See you there SNOW OR SHINE! :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

lily_luna

Too bad I live in Florida! Wish I could come… (first post?)

Posted by lily_luna on December 19, 2008, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Well I hope the weather isn’t too bad for yall.

Posted by Carebie on December 19, 2008, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Hulliepuff!

Oh! I wish….but it is snowing like mad! STUPID SNOW!

Posted by Hulliepuff! on December 19, 2008, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Jen

I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by Jen on December 19, 2008, 06:42 PM report to moderator
EmmaLouise

I wish I could be at the signing but living in the UK it’s a bit difficult. Good luck Melissa, I hope it goes really well x x

Posted by EmmaLouise on December 19, 2008, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

I’m going to try…but with the way things look right now, I’m not sure I’ll be able to dig my car out by then! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on December 19, 2008, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Old Mr Toad

See you got the Coop right. Wish I could be there. Harvard Square is the place to be. Be sure to have the German Chocolate cake at the Greenhouse Cafe (if it’s still there)

OMT

Posted by Old Mr Toad on December 19, 2008, 08:06 PM report to moderator
Jenni

Well, I wouldn’t call it blocks…. it’s quite the haul from Harvard to Central on foot. They are, however, only one T stop away, and the COOP is right across the street from the Harvard Sq T.

I’ll certainly slog through the snow for both events (ok, 2 T stops, not really slogging that much, but whatever. I’ll be there)!

Posted by Jenni on December 19, 2008, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Alex

I’m going; I’m psyched! :]

Posted by Alex on December 19, 2008, 08:36 PM report to moderator
marian

man i was going to visit boston this break….stupid snow!

Posted by marian on December 19, 2008, 09:09 PM report to moderator
ProfKnight

are there any events coming to Chicago anytime soon?

Posted by ProfKnight on December 19, 2008, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Remus Lonno

As you may know, I’m a very slow reader (especially when I’m taking algebra/trig/calculus, hehe :) I’ve finally reached the part of the story where I found the Leaky Cauldron — I’d heard about the auction for Jo’s handwritten card. Then one morning on the subway, I read in the local Metro paper that there was a fansite that was raising funds to bid on the auction so they could share it with the rest of us. I just had to be a part of that :)

Oh, and Melissa, I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how spur-of-the-moment your trip to London was. It was so thrilling to actually hear Jo say she loved Leaky, and to see it written and signed by her. Thanks for taking the plunge, and for sharing it with us — and for publishing it a book! :D

Posted by Remus Lonno on December 19, 2008, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Barbara

This snow is getting crazy but for Harry Potter, I’d dig all my friends and me out just to go to these events! I hope to be there! I can’t fully hate the snow though: I get out of school a day early for vacation!

Posted by Barbara on December 20, 2008, 01:20 AM report to moderator
daate

what about coming to austin, texas???:)

Posted by daate on December 20, 2008, 03:40 AM report to moderator
llol

i totally agree w/ daate! what about stuff in tx.

Posted by llol on December 20, 2008, 09:45 AM report to moderator

"But if we get caught, you two will be expelled, too."[br] "Not if I can help it," said Hermione grimly. "Flitwick told me in secret that I got a hundred and twelve percent on his exam. They're not throwing me out after that."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014