Photo of Professor McGonagall from "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
Posted by: sue
January 26, 2009, 05:08 PM

Update: Originally posted  in small form back in November, there is a larger unmarked photo online tonight of actress Dame Maggie Smith in her role as Professor McGonagall from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You can see this photo, here.

Thanks to ScarPotter!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

KatetheKeeper

Was that the opal necklace next to that picture?

Posted by KatetheKeeper on January 26, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Patrick

I LOVE Maggie Smith. She is the embodiment of Minerva McGonagall. I hope her cancer is better.

Posted by Patrick on January 26, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Sophie

I can’t wait to see this in the movie! She’s such a great actress!

Posted by Sophie on January 26, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Blanca

i absolutely adore maggie smith!!!! cant wait to see her on the big screen

Posted by Blanca on January 26, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
matea

love her too. prof looks so sad on that pic,and dissapointed. i wonder…

Posted by matea on January 26, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Remipau

So much sadness in her eyes, I guess this is after you know who death.
Great actress, I hope she has more screen time in hbp, a good character and actress to show us the sadness after the “main event” of hbp.

Posted by Remipau on January 26, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
remipau

I think you’re right this the desk with the necklace

Posted by remipau on January 26, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Maggie Smith is perfect for this role. I struggle to think of a better suited actress. I’m excited to see her scenes in Half-Blood Prince.

Posted by Jordan on January 26, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
decarus

Haven’t we seen this picture before? I know i have seen the desk before and seen mcgonagall before in this poise.

This is after katie bell touches the necklace. You can see the box that they put the necklace in laying on the desk.

Posted by decarus on January 26, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Emily

yeah, that’s an old picture… i’m guessing its the opal necklace, but im not sure…

Posted by Emily on January 26, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Patrick

yes everyone it is an old picture, but this is like a “official” one maybe?

Posted by Patrick on January 26, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Hagiographer13

Lovely to see Maggie back!

My money is on this being after the events atop the Astronomy Tower . . .

Posted by Hagiographer13 on January 27, 2009, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Scully looking forward to seeing Maggie Smith again in a role she’s perfect for.
Posted by Scully on January 27, 2009, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Bella

I love Maggie Smith, and I cant wait to see her in HBP. However, there’s just something about this picture thats…I’m not sure, I just dont love it. It feels sad. But she still looks amazing, only a few more months to wait :)

Posted by Bella on January 27, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
miriam

love old Maggie! She really is great, and perfect as McGonagall. How great is that we have a Dame like Maggie and Knight like Sir Michael Gambon at the helm of Hogwarts? Terriific.

Posted by miriam on January 27, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator

Neville was turning steadily more purple in the face while tugging at Crabbe's arms, and Hermione was attempting vainly to throw Millicent Bulstrode off her. Luna, however, stood limply by the side of her captor, gazing vaguely out of the window as though