Carve the Great Harry Potter Pumpkin

Contests
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2009, 12:00 PM

It is the time of year where the leaves begin to turn colors and pumpkins grace the front porch of many a house in the lead up to Halloween.  To mark this occasion, our Contest Crew has devised the Harry Potter Themed Pumpkin Carving Contest to meld together creative carving skills with the world of Harry Potter.  For this contest, simply carve a Harry Potter themed Jack O'Lantern and submit a photograph to the judges.  This contest is only accepting carved pumpkins, so painted or otherwise decorated pumpkins can not be entered.

Readers over the age of 13 and not involved in the judging process may submit one, original, PG-13 appropriate entry to contests@the-leaky-cauldron.org before October 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm (EDT) with "Pumpkin Carving" in the subject line of the e-mail.  You may submit up to two .jpg, .png, or .gif formatted photos, no larger than 1 MB, to the above email address.  The first place winner will receive a custom made wand donated by Wizard Wood Wands.

Complete information about this contest can be found on the Contest Page, while Lounge discussion of all of our contests is located via this link

Happy and, most importantly, safe carving!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Contests News

Mr_bean__thumb

cool

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on October 01, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator

Hmmmm… I have a very nice pumpkin growing in my garden…

Posted by Won_Two on October 01, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Good luck to everyone who participates! I am looking forward to seeing the ingenious pumpkins you guys create.

Posted by Kirk on October 01, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

ohh i know what im gonna do

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 01, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Oooh! I’m out to buy a pumpkin!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on October 01, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
74123_141617022553882_107847329264185_201379_264575_n_thumb

I am going to try it sounds like fun.

Posted by Ballycastle Bats fan on October 01, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Nice! Can’t wait to see the winners!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 01, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’ll definatley enter this!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 01, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

I might have a go!

Posted by Hopelaa93 on October 01, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Sounds awesome! I can’t wait to see who wins. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 01, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Oh, I hope I can come up with a good one!

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 01, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

totally cool! im so going to give this one a try!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 01, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Senatra

I already have too many ideas.

Posted by Broborn on October 01, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

im not that good at carving pumpkins 4 halloween but ill give it a try! =)

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on October 01, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator

:D 200 Leaky points! and a Wand!

Oh, i wish i had carving skils.

Posted by Rodinius Black on October 01, 2009, 10:29 PM report to moderator

"Harry," said Hagrid abruptly as though struck by a sudden thought. "Gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How come I haven't got one?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014