New Cover Art for Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages Due July 31, 2009

Companion Books
Posted by: sue
April 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Bloomsbury, the UK publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, has announced they are re-releasing two of the companion books this summer: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Due to be released July 31, 2009, you can see here in our galleries the new artwork for Fantastic Beasts, and the new Quidditch cover art here.

The Bookseller cites a spokesperson for Bloomsbury as saying :“There are always new Harry Potter readers coming to the series each year who will be looking for other exciting things to read.” According to the article the two books "will again raise funds for the charity with £1.15 from each £4.99 title sold going to Comic Relief." "Previous editions of the book were published in a slim format similar to the £1 World Book Day books but the latest editions will be chunkier versions comprising 128 rather than 96 pages, including the original illustrations. So far, according to Nielsen BookScan, Fantastic Beasts has sold 509,473 copies while Quidditch has sold 491,853."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

I would buy these!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 16, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

I love the originals, but these new ones are so graphically-pleasing! I like “from the world of Harry Potter”; maybe these will stir up interest in those few people who haven’t read them yet? I’m just glad that these great books are getting more attention.

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 16, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Maryjim_thumb

I love these! Maybe I’ll finally purchase them.

Posted by treebeliever on April 17, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
Cafe_press_thumb

Oh good! I’ve worn mine out!

Posted by grandmabeth on April 17, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i still have to get these. aghhh lol, they looks so awesome.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 05, 2009, 06:11 AM report to moderator

"You may, perhaps, have wondered why I never chose you as a prefect? I must confess... that I rather thought... you had enough responsibility to be going on with."[br]Harry looked up at him and saw a tear trickling down Dumbledore's face into his long sil