"Paranoia" Core of Half-Blood Prince Story Says Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
Posted by: sue
April 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

Wizard Universe has posted a new interview with actor Dan Radcliffe, who weighs in on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the article, Dan address the question of what he feels is at the core of the upcoming sixth Harry Potter movie:

"Paranoia. There's a very strong scene in the film that's all about Harry's increasing paranoia about Draco Malfoy becoming a member of the Death Eaters. Also, it seems a big part of all the films, but death. We're even closer to it in this one because Dumbledore is dying and knows he has to die. And the image of this old man knowing all that is a very very sad one. But he carries on anyway. He doesn't give up and he absolutely fights until the last minute."

Dan also reflects on which is his favorite scene in the film, one which involves a Weasley who is our King, as played by Rupert Grint.
I think that I like the quieter scenes. There's a lot of action but the quieter scenes will, generally speaking, be where the heart is. That's not to say there aren't some emotionally quite intense action sequences, but when there are just two people sitting down talking the stakes are very much higher, emotionally. My favorite scene in the film, actually, is one that I'm not in, which is probably not that surprising because I hate watching myself. It's with Rupert (Ron) in Quidditch practice, and its genuine laugh-out-loud funny. And I don't laugh out loud that easily.

Thanks much to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Ron1_thumb

I can’t wait to watch Rupert!! I’m sure the Quidditch tryouts will be great :)

Posted by Christine on April 28, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i cant wait to see quidditch again!!! i miss it

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 28, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator

YES! LAUGH OUT LOUD, THATS ALWAYS GOOD! Haha :)

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 28, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

It’s so funny when they use Greek words. Nice interview, though it’s hard to believe that Gambon is funny. But if Dan says so. And there two more, nice.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 28, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

impressive!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on April 28, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator

Why is it hard to believe? It’s not like we really know much about Gambon. ;)
Anyway, it’s worthy to read the whole interview, it’s very good.

Posted by ethanHP on April 28, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good interview!

Posted by budgie on April 28, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Dumbledoreflames_thumb

Gambon’s as funny as they come.

Posted by Albus Dumbledore on April 28, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

yayaya. qudditch. i rwally can’t wait to see it. especailly can’t wait to see Rupert/Ron play and Bonnie/Ginny it will make qudditch seem new and fresh if we have different players!
Weasley is our king!!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on April 28, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

It’s always fun to hear the actors’ take on things. I’m getting VERY EXCITED!

Posted by Lillylove on April 28, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Maggieasminerva_thumb

Radcliffe is always very generous with his castmates, he always recognites their work and talks about all the scenes, not only the ones he is part of. Unfortunately, this is something the rest of the young cast don’t do, I noticed they are very self centered and only talk about their own scenes, and how much fun they had, and what they’ve been part of, it’s always “me, me, me” in their interviews.
And it’s nice to know Felton and him get on so well. I’m looking foward to see the bathroom scene he talks about. :)

Posted by trizia on April 28, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

finally much more HP humor. I looooved the humor in book 6,its absolutely hilarious,I hope they kept that in the movie…and with Rupert-it must be!

Posted by Matea on April 28, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Rupert always makes me laugh — he is so “Ron.” I’m really looking forward to seeing the scenes with Draco this time around, too. Yay for HBP.

Ahh_thumb

I can’t wait to see that scene in the film! Quidditch in HBP looks so good!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 28, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Oh Rupert.

Posted by Linnyish on April 28, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator

"We're supposed to patrol the corridors every so often," he told Harry and Neville, "and we can give out punishments if people are misbehaving. I can't wait to get Crabbe and Goyle for something..."[br]"You're not supposed to abuse your position, Ron!" sa

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014