USA Today, Telegraph Release Images from DH Trailer; Death Eaters, Hagrid, Gregorovich, Locket Scene (Update)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 28, 2010, 09:11 AM

A slew of additional images have made their way online from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer which is set to premiere online later today at 7 PM EST (4PM PST).  As a followup to our report below, our Image Galleries have now been updated to include shots released by USA Today and The Telegraph.  Images include shots of:

The new movie focuses heavily on Harry's tangles with the evil Lord Voldemort. "Harry and Voldemort go wand to wand in the courtyard," says longtime producer David Heyman.
In one scene, Voldemort grabs Harry's face and malevolently hisses "Why do you live?" And brave Harry responds, "Because I have something to live for."
These last two films will be the first to be shown in IMAX 3-D.
"The technology has developed and offers great possibilities," Heyman says. "We won't be going for that 'wow, things always jumping out at you' effect. I think the best 3-D doesn't have to be aggressive. We'll be pushing back from the screen. We're going for an organic, truthful 3-D."
But what about 3-D fatigue among audiences? "Those people who aren't keen to embrace the 3-D of it all will have plenty of opportunities to watch it in 2-D," he says. Technical advances have leaped forward over the course of the series. "A lot of the stuff we do in this film, we couldn't have done on the first film," says Heyman. "The quality of the visual effects is so much better. (House elves) Kreacher and Dobby will be so much better realized than in the previous films since we have new technology to better capture their faces.
"What I love about these films is the blend of old and new technology."
Update: Yahoo News has release an additional two images from the trailer; they have been added to our gallery and feature a shot of Argus Filch (portrayed by actor David Bradley) and the Trio running through the forest from the Snatchers.

The brand new "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer is set to be released online today at 7 PM EST.  Stay close to Leaky for we will update you with the trailer the second it comes online.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Normal_books_chapterart_dh_034_1__thumb

this moive is going to be so intence that when people go to see it that the world will stop turning and we will have to drwa out our wands to save the muggles, then go and watch the movie again and agian!

Posted by Ginny_Wealsey_Potter on June 28, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator

I agree that both the courtyard thing and Voldemort grabbing Harry’s face is wierd… but it might be from Harry’s dreams or something…

Posted by Evagirl on June 28, 2010, 12:00 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22029 Points

OMG I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Thanks for the images. Yah!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 28, 2010, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Loth_cover_thumb

The fight in the courtyard is intriguing. I think that the sun will rise just as Harry defeats the Dark Lord, which, cinematically speaking, will be much more effective than the fight in the enclosed space of Great Hall. Please read my blog post about this at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com.

Posted by PhoenixWeasley on June 28, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

-The new movie focuses heavily on Harry’s tangles with the evil Lord Voldemort. “Harry and Voldemort go wand to wand in the courtyard,” says longtime producer David Heyman.
In one scene, Voldemort grabs Harry’s face and malevolently hisses “Why do you live?” And brave Harry responds, “Because I have something to live for.” -

W T F is all that!? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Am I the only one completely pissed of!? battle in the courtyard!? you mean-not in great hall!? I’m going to wand duel yates,heyman,kloves.how can you destroy something sacred as DH book! shame on you!
“I have something to live for” AGAIN THAT LINE!? I am so angry right now.I wanna sit and cry.

Posted by Matea on June 28, 2010, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

ahh i love 3-D i saw Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans in 3-D and it’s not even about things jumping out at you, it gives it demension, as if you are really there and things are coming to you, not you going to them

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 28, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

oh and @Matea, i completely agree with you, in the courtyard?? seriously?! and harry’s whole speech is probably cut out which makes an amazing book complete crap

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 28, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Luna_sam_thumb

Oh my gosh, this looks SO amazing!!! I’m just wondering- why did Hermione have blood on her hands in that forest shot before, and now they’re clean? That’s weird.

Posted by nargles, oh my! on June 28, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

I am very excited for the trailer … good grief if I get this excited for a trailer I might just burst when I get to see the actual movie lol
I will wait until I see the trailer before deciding if I like it … I sure hope that they get this movie right and, dont add in random scenes but leave out scenes from the book. When they originally announced DH as a two part movie I was hopeful that it meant that they would take the time to include more storylines and characters.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 28, 2010, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

WAAAH!!!! It’s hard to hold back the excitement!!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 28, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I just can’t wait to see that trailer!

Posted by hermione198k on June 28, 2010, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_poster_thumb

STOP WHINING! Next everyone will be griping because Harry holds the wand with his left hand instead of his right. good grief. Maybe instead of voldie fighting a bunch of others until they get into the great hall, they changed it to him fighting harry. this saves them from adding a scene and just combines it with another. So, Harry and voldie fight in the courtyard, and it flows into the great hall where the discussion takes place and vodie breathes his last.

Posted by Darkmarkman on June 28, 2010, 12:58 PM report to moderator

why aren’t people gathered round for the last battle? :(

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on June 28, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
N100000099311881_7753_thumb

I’m saving judgement until I actually see the scene in the movie. If it stays true to the spirit of the book, I don’t really care if it isn’t totally exactly like the scene in the book word for word. I think we’ll have to wait and see before we start freaking out.

Posted by moonyschick on June 28, 2010, 01:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Er -- have the Bludgers ever killed anyone?" Harry asked, hoping he sounded offhand.[br] "Never at Hogwarts. We've had a couple of broken jaws but nothing worse than that."