Pottermore Insider Update: Beta User Survey Now Online

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 21, 2011, 12:01 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has just been updated to share a link to a survey of Pottermore for its early beta users.  The blog notes:

It takes less than ten minutes to complete and your feedback will help us to improve Pottermore for everyone. You’ll be able to comment on the different areas of the site, let us know what you enjoy, and what you think could be even better.
Beta users may take the survey via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

The Sony corporate questions at the end were odd

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 21, 2011, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

Just filled out the survey! =) I’m in Ravenclaw and my Pottermore name is ElmMoon193 if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

@KiwiMcl
The Sony questions were for helping Sony determine if they are branding themselves well via Pottermore. They’re looking to see if they are visible on the site and if they are making the impression they want to make with HP fans!

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on October 21, 2011, 01:56 PM report to moderator

Just finished it! I’m glad I was able to give input as a beta user.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on October 21, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator

Gave em’ an earful of my feelings about the sorting issue…

Posted by Won_Two on October 21, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

doing it now.

Posted by harrypotter4258 on October 21, 2011, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

At last, a sensible place to report bugs!

Posted by roonwit on October 21, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I vented mostly about the Purple Screen of Death. Thanks to the PSOD, I can’t get beyond Diagon Alley. I am so frustrated with Pottermore, I’ve given up on it for now. Unless they make major changes to the site (like using more and better servers), they will never be able to handle all the people who want to use Pottermore.

Has Pottermore actually said the sorting process is based solely on answers to their quiz? If they have, then I believe they’re being less than candid. At last count, each house had about ¼ of those who have been sorted. With all due respect to Pottermore, the likelihood of that happening without other factors is slim and none.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on October 21, 2011, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

@Won_Two, me, too! Here’s hoping they listen.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on October 21, 2011, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Just answering it now. Going to be honest because they’ve messed up something that had great potential!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 21, 2011, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

I filled out the survey. Gave a whole paragrah all about of potion bugs/glitches. Hopefully Pottermore will get everything working smoothly.

Posted by MoonlitFox on October 21, 2011, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’ll be giving my thoughts once I spend more time opn there. Mainly after I see which house I’m sorted into to. So far I havemt had any problems with Pottermore, and I think the purple backdrop on the site is quite pretty.

Posted by LunaLuver on October 21, 2011, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_thumb

I just finishing filling out the survey!! It had some really interesting questions!

Posted by Celticenchantress on October 21, 2011, 11:54 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Just finihsing filling out the survey, got every major complain sent, hope they will do something about it.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on October 22, 2011, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Well, I completed the survey too… made a brief list of aspects and asked/suggested some things related to the bigger picture (if any) in PM… hopefully someone will read that!

Posted by cb160 on October 22, 2011, 09:06 AM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

im glad i had that chance!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on October 22, 2011, 01:18 PM report to moderator

"What do you like me to call you when we're alone together?" [br]Even by the dim light of the lantern Harry could tell that Mrs. Weasley had turned bright red...[br]"Mollywobbles," whispered a mortified Mrs. Weasley into the crack at the edge of the door.