Followup: December 29th Last Day WB will Ship Current Harrry Potter Film Titles

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2011, 11:31 AM

In a followup to Leaky's September 20th news that Warner Bros. would cease shipment of all eight "Harry Potter" films on BluRay and DVD starting December 29th, Deadline.com has posted a snippet containing further information about the decision.  They report:

"[Warner Bros. will stop] shipping all Harry Potter theatrical film titles (including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ – Part 2, and Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection) as of December 29, 2011 (moratorium does not include digital – Electronic Sell-Through & VOD – or games).
This means that following the November 11th (December 2nd in the UK) release of these two new editions, fans of the series will have little over one month to purchase their copy of the eight film collection.  Fans, however, will still be able to purchase digital copies of the films through their preferred online medium.

Thanks to all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Why has there suddenly been a flurry about this today/yesterday when the announcement was made a month ago?

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on October 26, 2011, 12:05 PM report to moderator

:( SOB That’s absurd. I can’t believe they’re going to do that. Hopefully finger’s crossed it’s only for a limited time… #wishfulthinking

Posted by SuspectingNargles on October 26, 2011, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

So does this mean that fans won’t be able to buy the DVD’s any more?

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on October 26, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator

Wow thanks for nothing WB. Could you at least given a little more time. Right at the holidays when money is tight and jobs are scarce. I guess I will hit up Ebay next year or maybe that friend of a friend of a friend that can make me a copy.

Posted by mlc on October 26, 2011, 12:29 PM report to moderator

I wonder how this affects the as-yet-unannounced ultimate editions for Deathly Hallows :s

Posted by jedi58 on October 26, 2011, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

so we have less than a month in the UK to buy DH part 2, it’s a disgrace, kick the fans in the teeth WB? we’re only the people who helped you make enormous profits from the films, I’m really cross.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on October 26, 2011, 12:54 PM report to moderator

No big deal…

Posted by Won_Two on October 26, 2011, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I have no doubt that they are only trying to scam as much money as possible from us by the end of the year and will then re-release all the films in some sort of “special package” – that costs a large fortune – sometime next year. This is the WB, after all. No reason to do right by the people who provide the money to pay them the exorbitant salaries that they don’t deserve. I guess, in their twisted little minds, this is supposed to endear them to us in some way. I guess there will never be an Ultimate Edition of DH to complete the set. I guess I won’t be giving the WB anymore of my money.

Posted by DeliaDee on October 26, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This does suck, but WB is doing this so wne the big combo pack comes out next year everyone will buy it. The DVD will be avalible again, its like what Disney does when they recall all the movies from the stores and put them back in their vault. Sooner or later they all come out again.

Posted by LunaLuver on October 26, 2011, 01:15 PM report to moderator

It surprises me they would pull the last movie so soon after releasing it. However, my guess is that the vast majority of Harry Potter fans buy it immediately upon release or ask for it from someone for Christmas if they can’t afford it. I ordered a new set on Amazon, the movies are on sale so the price was great. We beat up all DVD’s in our house so we have to have an extra set if they aren’t going to be available for a while!

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on October 26, 2011, 01:35 PM report to moderator

Wow.. I wonder what their reasoning is behind it? Maybe it a gimmick to get people to go out and buy the movies so that they can make more money.. and then later release the 8-disc set as a special “limited” time offer thing. I agree with LunaLuver.. it could be just another ploy to get more of our money. I don’t care for a special addition so I just pre-ordered the last movie on Amazon.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on October 26, 2011, 01:38 PM report to moderator
2293960_thumb

I am very disapointed in WB, before this I thought that they were great to the HP fans, now I just feel cheated.

Posted by kellydofc on October 26, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Very ridiculous and I feel for all of those that live in the UK, they have less than a month to pick up their copy.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on October 26, 2011, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, and what about youngsters who want to spend their Christmas present money and vouchers on the new DVD, and depend on lifts to get them to a place where they can buy them? Not everyone lives in a big town.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 26, 2011, 02:49 PM report to moderator

Disgraceful -appalling behaviour by WB -Once again, it is clear how little they value the HP fans.

Posted by Beazle on October 26, 2011, 03:11 PM report to moderator

"[Sirius] is here at my invitation," said Dumbledore, looking between them, "as are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."[br]Harry thought Dumbledore was asking for a near miracle. Siri

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014