Royal Mail Releases Lord Voldemort and Albus Dumbledore 1st Class Stamps Today (Updated)

Products
Posted by: Rosi
March 08, 2011, 11:15 AM

The Royal Mail have issued their range of "Magical Realms" stamps today, Tuesday 8th March, including two 1st Class stamps featuring Michael Gambon and Ralph Fiennes as Albus Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort respectively. Update: You can now find images of the stamps right here in our galleries. In a press release, the Royal Mail wrote:

Magical Realms (...) features some of the world famous wizards and enchanters who have brought a touch of magic to millions of people, from the legendary tales of King Arthur to the million-selling books of C.S. Lewis, Sir Terry Pratchett and J.K. Rowling.
The set of eight stamps use a combination of film imagery and newly commissioned images.  The set of stamps includes the myths and legends of King Arthur through two 60p stamps of Merlin and Morgan le Fay, while two 97p stamps reveal images of Aslan and the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia. The set is completed by four 1st Class stamps portraying Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series and Rincewind and Nanny Ogg from Sir Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series.
Renowned author Sir Terry Pratchett is quoted as saying:
Throughout history wizards and magicians have always held a beguiling place in the British psyche. In legends, poems, books and films, they have been a constant source of inspiration for generations.
Philip Parker, Royal Mail Stamps spokesperson, said:
People across the UK have always enjoyed an epic tale of magical adventure, so we decided to bring together these classic stories, both ancient and modern, in one set of stamps.
Many of these tales involve more than one magical character, so we selected four different sets of stories, choosing two characters from each. The result is a beautiful set of stamps and a fitting tribute to these legends of literature.
Stamps and stamp products are available at all Post Offices, or online at this link and from Royal Mail Tallents House (tel. 08457 641 641), 21 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9PB.

Pictures of the stamps can be seen at this link in our galleries from here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Products News

Awww. I want some!

Posted by Victory-Starr on March 08, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Wonder what people would think when they see the stamp while receiving the mail.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on March 08, 2011, 11:48 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

Nice stamps!!!

Posted by CDR on March 08, 2011, 11:51 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Great stamps
I wanna send two letters to myself with those stamps on lmao!! :P
Is that sad :P

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on March 08, 2011, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Nanny Ogg and Rincewind stamps! Awesome! Brilliant about Voldy and Dumblydorr as well, of course, but I really like the Discworld ones. The Merlin and Morgan ones are great, too. Methinks I shall see if I can get these.

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 08, 2011, 12:27 PM report to moderator

This is so cool!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on March 08, 2011, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Bilmey, how cool! …and it promotes us, fans sending real letters, something that wizards have to do :]

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 08, 2011, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

They need to come out with US stamps. D:

Posted by Drakitha on March 08, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator

I think I need to buy some of these to put on the postcards that I send from the Owlry at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, cuz that would make them even more epic.

Posted by Jayeltee on March 08, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

Poor Gandalf…

Posted by Iceholic on March 08, 2011, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Capture_thumb

This is amazing. I want some

Posted by ChaseT on March 08, 2011, 04:18 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

I want some !§!

Posted by HogwartsHP on March 08, 2011, 04:35 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

so cool i wish the US had some

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on March 08, 2011, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Img_0020_thumb

Oh I’d like to see the Dumbledore one… Hopefully they still have them when I’m in the UK and I can excite my HP friends by sending them letters with HP stamps!

Posted by ladydars on March 08, 2011, 05:23 PM report to moderator

Isn’t putting Voldemort on a postage stamp kind of like putting Hitler on a postage stamp? I know it’s fiction and all, but geesh….how about Dumbledore and uh….Potter maybe?

Posted by CristalShandaLear on March 08, 2011, 06:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What d'you mean, I'm not brave in bed?" said Harry, completely nonplussed. "What -- am I supposed to be frightened of pillows or something?"