BBC Video Shows New Glimpses of Pottermore Privet Drive Moments, Wand Selection

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 09, 2011, 12:50 PM

A video has come online from the BBC showcasing a few new looks at some of the features and moments set to be a part of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's new Harry Potter project.  The video, which can be watched right here, gives us a glimpse at some of the sorting procedures users may go through to obtain a wand, a Privet Drive moment, and a quick shot of what appears to be more backstory for the Dursleys.  The report also features comments from Ms. Rowling from the day of Pottermore's reveal on her decision to make Pottermore an online experience and the inclusion of e-books.

Many thanks to SS for the video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Stmungosspew_thumb

OMG!!!! AWAITING WELCOME LETTER!!!!!!!!! 1ST COMMENT!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 09, 2011, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Scarlet_tanager_thumb

Loved the video! Makes me more excited to receive my letter!

Posted by trip_le_threat on August 09, 2011, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

Oh my GEEEE!!!! I really can’t wait for this!!!! So excited(and I just can’t hide it!)!!!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on August 09, 2011, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

i cannot wait to answer those questions and get my wand!!!!!

Posted by butterbeerbottle on August 09, 2011, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

i hope my welcome letter comes soooon!!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 09, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i cant wait until i get my letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by athena lupin on August 09, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i cant wait until i get my letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by athena lupin on August 09, 2011, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

Dobby thinks hogwarts is not safe! Hes keeping our letters from us! hahaha

Posted by Valeria Isabel on August 09, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Has anyone else noticed that the “sign in” button on Pottermore has disappeared? I’ve registered my account (WombatAvis94) on the second clue day, but the sign in button is gone. Does everyone experience this or is it just me?

Posted by Elwood J. Blues on August 09, 2011, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

its not just you… i noticed that to… i heard that no one can sign in untill they recieve their welcome letter

Posted by ahaque521 on August 09, 2011, 02:17 PM report to moderator

What
Letter

Posted by kingsleyisawesome on August 09, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The sign in button went yesterday when they went back to the “sign up to be notified when registration for October starts” version of the site.

Posted by roonwit on August 09, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

Dobby, get your backside here with my letter now! lol I’m very excited. The wand choosing thing on Pottermore looks rather cool, did anybody notice that bit in the video?

Posted by TheGryffindorFox on August 09, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator
What letter
Posted by kingsleyisawesome on August 09, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator

I Didnt Get any Letter

Posted by kingsleyisawesome on August 09, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator

"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted...[br]"Sorry about that," said Ron, his face reddening with anger. "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."