JK Rowling's Thank You to Pottermore

News
Posted by: Catherine
November 04, 2012, 10:17 AM

J.K. Rowling has penned a thank you note to her staff at Pottermore. The letter was written through TH_NK, who released a photo of it on Instagram (and can be seen below). TH_NK added artistic touch to the photo by blurring the edges. However, the letter is not entirely legible. The letter is written on J.K. Rowling's usual letter head, and dated October 21. Hypable reports that the letter reads:

“This is a shamefully overdue, but nevertheless huge – indeed, Hagrid-sized – THANK YOU to the Pottermore team for their extraordinary work,” Rowling wrote. “I know how much time and effort it took to get the site up and running, and the result is truly magnificent. I’ve had rave reviews from all sides; a friend of mine (Hufflepuff, maple and phoenix feather wand, tweleve inches, rigid) called me two nights ago to complain that she only won five house points so far. She’s forty four. Naturally, I told her to work harder.”

The letter goes on for another paragraph or two, but the photo begins to get blurry. “I’m hoping to say thank you in person before long,” reads one sentence. “Please accept my heartfelt gratitude,” says another. “A site that outstripped my wildest expectations,” is the last bit we can work out.

Thank you to the Pottermore tumblr page for posting the picture!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Hermione_poster_thumb

Aw! That’s so sweet! Lovin’ Pottermore!!

Posted by silverkacy on November 04, 2012, 12:06 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love Jo’s letters! Why why why would you instagram this, I seriously wish that stupid app never existed!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 04, 2012, 12:59 PM report to moderator

Nice of her to do that…

Posted by Won_Two on November 04, 2012, 03:54 PM report to moderator

I can make out the first bit of that second paragraph. My suppositions are in []

“I’m hoping to say thank you in person before long, but in the meantime, please accept my heartfelt gratitude [for producing] a site that outstripped my wildest [expectations] (and I’ve got a wild imagination.) Fans are …

Posted by bunny02 on November 05, 2012, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

What a sweet and funny letter! JKR is definitely a class act!

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on November 06, 2012, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Well I knew it was going to be HUGE, but it out-grew even my expectations :D

Posted by Miss Weasley on November 11, 2012, 01:00 PM report to moderator

Ron, however, was to be working with Hermione Granger. It was hard to tell whether Ron or Hermione was angrier about this.