Alan Rickman to star in "The Butler"

News
Posted by: Catherine
May 12, 2012, 04:18 PM

Alan Rickman is rumored to be casted as Ronald Reagan in the up and coming movie, The Butler. The Butler is still in the very early process of casting roles, with only two solid roles cast-- including Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan, Alan's would-be wife in the film. The movie will follow a maid and a butler as they become part of the White House staff, serving Presidents Lindon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan. The Washington Post reports:

Alan Rickman, the British actor perhaps best known for his roles in “Die Hard” and the “Harry Potter” films, has reportedly been cast as the 40th president of the United States, according to items in The Hollywood Reporter and Vulture. Yes, you read that correctly: Reagan may very well be played by Severus Snape.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Oh nooooo! Love Rickman. Hated Reagan. What shall I do?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 12, 2012, 05:27 PM report to moderator

OMG!!! I am so happy for him! Alan brought many tears to us with his amazing acting in the HP series, and I am sure that he will be amazing in this movie!!!
I am so proud to be a part of HP, and I will ALWAYS support my Potter actors. :D

Posted by katelyner123 on May 12, 2012, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

How cool is this! Reagan was before my time, I do remember his funeral though. This sounds like a very interesting movie to me. =)

Posted by LunaLuver on May 12, 2012, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Is that him???

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on May 12, 2012, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I agree with Weeny!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 13, 2012, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I am so happy for him!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 13, 2012, 06:55 AM report to moderator

There ya go again!

Posted by Won_Two on May 13, 2012, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

good for him !

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on May 13, 2012, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

wow .Go Alan !!!

Posted by vandy[FTC] on May 14, 2012, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

WeenyOwl and Valeria-Johanna: We are not supposed to like Hans Gruber or the Sheriff of Nottingham either, are we …. and yet we “loved” them still, didn’t we :) … he,he ….

Posted by siena on May 14, 2012, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Good point.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 14, 2012, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@siena, I’m cool with that, if Rickman plays Reagan as a bad guy. But if he is required by the script and the director to make him a sympathetic character, I will be very queasy. I’m old enough to remember the Iran/Contra scandal, the arms-for-hostages deal and the CIA training death squads in El Salvador under the Reagan administration.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 14, 2012, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Rickman never plays characters either black or white. He always takes the critical approach – and I’m sure he’ll give Reagan the ambiguity required for the part.

Posted by siena on May 15, 2012, 01:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Oooh, Crackpot's feeling cranky," said Peeves, pursuing Harry along the corridor, leering as he zoomed along above him. "What is it this time, my fine Potty friend? Hearing voices? Seeing visions? Speaking in" -- Peeves blew a gigantic raspberry -- [i]"t