Warrant Issued for Leaky Owner's Cyber Stalker

Fan Sites
Posted by: brad
July 18, 2013, 12:35 AM

Today the New York Daily News broke the story that a warrant has been issued for the arrest of a woman who has been cyber-stalking Melissa Anelli, the owner of The Leaky Cauldron and LeakyNews websites.

The FBI has secured a warrant for Jessica Parker, a resident of New Zealand. This news follows a five-year long cyber-stalking ordeal, which has included harassment and threats sent to Anelli, her family, and even spammed on the sites that she owns (including LeakyNews). It began in 2008 when Parker was banned from The Leaky Cauldron for harassing staff, and it’s carried on since.

Though Parker was previously arrested in New Zealand in connection with the stalking and harassment, it ended in deferred prosecution, and thus this  behavior has continued unchecked. Now, with a warrant for Parker’s arrest served up by the FBI, there may be a better chance of justice being served.

We on the LeakyNews staff are incredibly grateful that the FBI is working to guarantee the safety and security of our founder. The court documents paint a picture of a frightening and unbalanced individual, who routinely made violent threats against the lives of herself, Melissa, and many others connected to her. It’s not the kind of thing that anyone should ever have to deal with.

Melissa Anelli had the following comment to make regarding the development:

“It has been a long five years of continuous threats and abuse, not only to me but my family, friends, and colleagues. I only hope it’s carried through to justice being served. I want to thank the Leaky community for its constant support over the past decade-plus, for its support now, and for its understanding while I refrain from discussing particulars in order to assure this sees a proper end.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Sites News

Tumblr_md00lekitn1qe1i57o1_r1_500_thumb
20965 Points

My goodness, I had no idea this was going on. Poor Melissa, I do hope they can stop this woman. The sooner the better.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 18, 2013, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

It sounds a very frightening experience. However she is wise not to say too much about it while the matter is sub judice, and I think perhaps we should follow suit.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 18, 2013, 01:56 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

It’s a shame that it took 5 years for this to happen, but I’m glad she’s going to be helped out. I really hope that she got to enjoy this site, and what it was/has become, without the experience being ruined by that individual. Stay strong!

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 18, 2013, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I’m glad something is being done! I can’t believe it’s gone on this long. Sending all good thoughts to Melissa and her family. <3

Posted by Lysh on July 18, 2013, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

How bizarre! Of all the public figures out there whom a mentally unstable person might choose to stalk and obsess over, the founder of Leaky seems like the unlikeliest of targets. But, as a former supervisor of mine once said when giving me the news that my name was being put on the downsizing list just after I’d landed my employer a half-million-dollar grant, ’Don’t look for logic.’ Obviously poor Melissa has been having to deal with someone whose hold on reality is tenuous at best.

So sorry to hear this. I’m sure that those who were around in 2008 are dying to know what the stalker’s Leaky handle was, but that probably won’t be made public until the legal proceeding is concluded. Meanwhile, we all get to go educate ourselves about what the term ‘differed prosecution’ means!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on July 18, 2013, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@Weeny, I wondered if it meant ‘deferred prosecution’.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 18, 2013, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Oh wow, I had no idea this was going on at all. This really is surprising, I’m glad that there is something that’s being done about it though.

Posted by Acciobrooms on July 18, 2013, 01:57 PM report to moderator

So that’s how you get banned from Leaky for harassment. It has to be against the staff. I’ve reported people for harrassing others (including myself) without even a response to acknowledge they recieved my message.

I am very sorry to hear that this is happening to Melissa Anelli and that it took so long for anything leagal to be done about it. Nobody should have to put up with being harassed or their families.

===

ADMIN NOTE: These claims were investigated and found to be insufficient proof of more than some unpleasantness. Thank you for your timely post.

Posted by Ratorr on July 18, 2013, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Thank-you for the ‘ADMIN NOTE’, this clears up many things that have been flying around Leaky about some of the members, and I am glad the admins also viewed these ‘quibbles’ as unpleasantness and not harassment.

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on July 18, 2013, 06:17 PM report to moderator

I am sorry to hear that Melissa had to go through that crap…

Posted by Won_Two on July 19, 2013, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Jesus what the hell?!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 19, 2013, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Valentine43_thumb

Sorry to hear about that Melissa. :(

Posted by DARKE: Antares Pyxis Black =:) ★ on July 20, 2013, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

So sorry to hear this has been happening to you, Melissa. Bullying of any sort is horrible. Please know that there are many more out there that support and appreciate what you have been doing.

Posted by Xyra44 on July 20, 2013, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Img57_thumb
2096 Points

And I am really sorry about you having to go through having a stalker Melissa. I am glad that something is finally being done about it.

Posted by RABBIT: Lilly Mimsy Whyte =:) on July 20, 2013, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

So sorry about that Melissa.. Frankly shocked that it continued for so long as 5 years !

Posted by vandy[FTC] on July 22, 2013, 03:13 PM report to moderator

"Tell me, how is Lucius Malfoy these days? I expect he's delighted his lapdog's working at Hogwarts, isn't he?"[br]"Speaking of dogs," said Snape softly, "did you know that Lucius Malfoy recognized you last time you risked a little jaunt outside?'

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014